Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mobley Baby Number Five!

We are thrilled to share the exciting news with you that we are having another baby!  We are expecting to meet our little one somewhere around March 14, give or take three weeks.  Mary will be one month shy of seven.  Maggie will be four and a half.  Matthew and Jonathan will just have turned two.  The funny thing is whenever I go anywhere with my brood, I get so many comments about how busy I must be.  (Having more than two children is extremely unusual in Southern California!)  I guess life is going to get even busier!  I am looking forward to leaning upon God's all-sufficient power and grace when I find my own insufficient!

Every child is a beautiful miracle.  Certainly, each one of our children is a special, miraculous gift from God.  Yet, if it is at all possible for this child to be a greater miracle, it is!  You see, I have always had infertility issues, probably due to excessive dieting and exercising in my younger years.  It seems like most of our married life we have been trying (unsuccessfully) to conceive without the aid of interventions. I know this all sounds quite far-fetched coming from a mom of four, but it's really true!  God has used the very lowest dose of clomid to enable us to conceive Mary, Maggie, and the twinners! 

After Matthew and Jonathan were born, David and I talked about whether we wanted to have any more children.  We both really felt like we wanted to leave it up to God.  We decided to neither pursue fertility treatments nor actively prevent a conception.  We pretty much thought that meant that we would not have any more children of our own.  Obviously, we thought wrong because I am pregnant!  Not only did I not take clomid, but I was even still breastfeeding Matthew AND Jonathan!  (Matthew abandoned ship not too long after we found out I was pregnant.  Jonathan stuck it out for a bit longer and then joined his big brother.) 

Indeed, every one of babies has been a miracle, but, to us, this baby seems to be an extraordinary miracle!  I am such a mixture of emotions right now.  I am amazed that God has healed me.  I am scared at the thought of having five children so close in age.  I can't even figure out how to assign seats in the van!  I am nervous about Matthew and Jonathan's adjustment.  They are already a bit behind developmentally.  On top of that, they will have just turned two when the baby is born!  They'll still be in diapers and just hitting the terrible-twos!  Most of all, though, I am excited about this unique blessing from God and pray that David and I will do all that we can to bring this child up in the fear and admonition of the Lord.

3 comments:

  1. This little one that you are going to have is a gift from God and God does not give you more than what you can handle. That is not to say that it will be easy, just that God has confidence in your ability to raise five children. I am delighted for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We are rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. You are, and will continue to be, a great mom. Michele

    ReplyDelete